Fits 19 in. doll w/ composition body & following
11.5 in chest, measured under arms
15 in chest, measured over arms
14 in from base of neck to bottom of feet
12.5 in. circumference porcelain head
Size 10 crochet cotton thread
*Size 4 steel hook
2 rubberbands to fit around doll's wrist without stretching
*If you customarily crochet to gauge in patterns, then the author recommends that you use a steel hook 3 in this pattern, rather than a 4. The author crochets loosely.
1. SC in 2nd st from hook. Sc. in each ch across.
2. Ch 1. Sc. in next 7 st, 3 sc. in next st, sc. in next 9 st, 3 sc. in next st, sc. in next 14 st, 3 sc. in next st, sc. in next 9 st, 3 sc. in next st, sc. in last 7 st. Ch 1. Turn.
3 - 8. *Sc in each st to center of corner of previous row. 3 sc. in corner sc.* Repeat to end. Ch 1. Turn.
9. Sc. to center of corner. Ch 25. Sc. in center of next corner. Repeat to end. Ch 2. Turn.
10. Hdc in 1st 14 st. Hdc in each of the 25 ch. Hdc in FRONT loops only to next chain. Hdc in each of the 25 ch. Hdc in each of remaining st to end. Ch 3. Turn.
11. *Dc, ch 1, dc in next st. Skip next st.* Repeat across. Dc in last st. Ch 3. Turn.
12 2 dc, ch 1, 2 dc in each ch 1 space across. Dc in last st. Ch 3. Turn.
13-15. 2 dc, ch 2, 2 dc (shell) in each ch 1 space across. Dc in last st. Ch 3. Turn
16. Repeat row 13. At end of row, do not ch 3, but join w/slp st to beg ch 3. Ch 3. Turn.
17. Shell in each ch 2 space around. Join. Ch 3. Turn.
18-35. Sl st to ch 2. Repeat row 17. At end of row 35, ch 1 & turn.
36. Sc. in each st and ch around. Join. Ch 1. Turn.
37-40. Sc. in each st around. Join. Ch 1. Turn. At end of round 40, do not turn.
41. Sc. in same st as joining. *Ch 3. Skip next st. Sc. in next st.* Repeat around. Join. Fasten off.
1. Join thread at bottom center of armhole. Sc. evenly around. Join. Ch 4. Turn.
2. Dc in same st as joining. *Skip 1 st. Dc, ch 1, Dc in next st.* Repeat around. Join. Turn.
3-14. Sl to ch 1. Ch 4. Dc in same ch 1 space. Dc, ch 1, dc in each ch 1 space around. Join
15. Ch 1. Turn. 1 sc. in each dc around. Join.
16. Ch 1. Turn. Sc. around rubberband. Join.
17. Ch 3.Turn. *Skip 1 st. Sc. in next st.* Repeat around. Join.
18-19. Sl st to ch 3. Ch 3. *Sc in next ch 3. Ch 3. * Repeat around. At end of round 19, fasten off.
NOTE: This is an original design by Merryann Palmer and is posted here with permission.Please direct reprint requests to designer at email@example.com. (The designer's address was valid when this pattern was posted. If it is no longer valid, please check one of the internet search engines for an updated address.)
Hit your back key to return to Pattern Index.
Back to CP's Pattern Index ||| CP'S Site Map (Text Only)"||| CP's Home Page
Site Design & Content
Crochet Partners Web Site, S. Guess (c) 1995-98