POPCORN PINEAPPLE HOT PAD &
NAPKIN HOLDER SET '50 **NB
POTHOLDER = 6"-- HOT PLATE MAT = 8 1/2"-- NAPKIN HOLDER = 5"
materials list has been updated and the pattern was revised to
conform with current pattern format.
Model made by S. Guess. I like a thicker potholder than what
you usually get with thread potholders. I made a crocheted "disk" out
of a double strand of worsted weight and sewed it onto the back of
To make the potholder, I used about 150 yds blue cotton #10
(knit-cro-sheen) about 75 yds of yellow cotton #10 (knit-cro-sheen).
I used maybe 20 yds of worsted weight yarn for the extra pading.
MATERIALS: (This is enough for all three designs)
6 Balls Blue Size #10 Cotton
4 Balls dark yellow Size #10 Cotton
1 Size 7 steel crochet hook
1 Plastic ring
3 Yds yellow ribbon, 1/2"wide
For extra potholder and hot plate thickness
Worsted weight yarn--about 2 oz
Aluminium G hook
- Popcorn Stitch: In same stitch or space, make specified number
of stitches specified in the pattern. On last st, remove hook from
loop and reinsert it into top of first st. Pull loop from last st
through and tighten.
- Always substitute a ch-3 for first dc of first Popcorn st. in
a round or row.
- To Change Colors: Pull through first color change on
last loop of previous sitch. Do not fasten off.
Instead, carry unused thread forward and crochet over it as work
progresses. When you need to change colors again, drop the old
color and bring forward the new color.
DIRECTIONS: HOT PLATE MAT:
Start at center with blue, ch 4.
- Rnd 1: 13dc in 4th ch from hook. join (14 dcs)
- Rnd 2: Ch6, dc in same place as sl st, *ch 3, sk 2 dc, in next
st make dc, ch 3, dc. Repeat from * around. join.
- Rnd 3: Drop back blue, Attach yellow. Ch 3, make 4 dc in same
space, thread over & insert hook in same space. Draw loop
thru, thread over and draw thru 2 loops. Drop yellow and draw loop
of blue thru, thus changing color. work over unused color, make
3dc in next space, *drop blue, pick up yellow, make 6dc in next
sp, drop yellow, pick up blue make 3dc in next sp. Repeat from *
around, end with 3 blue dc, join
- Rnd 4: with yellow ch4 (dc in next dc, ch1)4times, dc in next
dc, *with blue dc in next 3dc, with yellow dc in next dc+ ch1 (5
times); dc in next dc, rep from * around. Join with sl st.
- Rnd 5: with yellow sl st in next sp, ch3. Make 4-dc Popcorn in
same space. Ch2, 5-dc Popcorn in next space. Ch2, 5-dc Popcorn
stitch in next space (3times) drop yellow *pick up blue, skip next
dc, 2dc in next dc, dc in next dc, 2dc in next dc, drop blue, pick
up yellow, 5-dc Popcorn in next sp, ch2 (4times) 5-dc Popcorn in
next sp. repeat from * rnd, join
- Rnd 6: with yellow, sl st in next sp, ch3, 5-dc Popcorn in
same sp *ch2, 5-dc Popcorn in next sp(3times) With blue, dc in
next Popcorn, 2dc in next dc, dc in each dc across to within last
dc, 2dc in next dc, dc in next Popcorn, with yellow, 5-dc Popcorn
in next sp, ch 2. rep from *rnd end w/blue dc in first Popcorn,
- Rnd 7-8: work as for 6th rnd except decrease by 1 Popcorn in
each group of Popcorns and 4 dc more in each dc group until only 2
Popcorn sts remain.
- Rnd 9: *with yellow, 5-dc Popcorn in next sp, drop yellow,
with blue sc in next Popcorn, 2sc in next dc, sc in each dc across
to within last dc, 2 sc in last dc, sc in next Popcorn, drop blue.
rep from * around, join. break off yellow
- Rnd 10: sl st in next Popcorn, sl st in next sc, sc in same sc
*ch4, sk 3sc, sc in next sc (5times) Ch4, sc in next sc. rep from
* around, join
- Rnd 11: sl st to center of next loop, sc in same loop, *ch7,
sc in next loop. rep from * around. join
- Rnd 12: sl st to center of next loop, sc in same loop *ch8, sc
in next loop. Repeat * around. join and break off
- Rnd 13: attach yellow to any loop. In each loop around make
sc, hdc, 5dc, hdc and sc. join and break off
- Rnd 14: attach blue to center dc of any scallop, sc in same
place, *ch9, sc in ctr dc of next scallop rep * around, join.
- Rnd 15-18: sl st to center of next loop, sc in same loop *ch9,
sc in next loop. rep * around join
- Rnd 19: sl st to center of next loop *ch6, sc in next loop,
repeat from * around. join and break off.
- w/blue make ch 36" long. lace chain thru last rnd of loops.
slip over hot plate mat, tie ends of ch securely
- Work as for hot plate mat through round 11. join and break
- start at center w/blue ch4
- Rnd 1: 11dc in 4th ch form hook, join
- Rnd 2: ch3, dc in same place as slst, 2dc in ea dc rnd,
- Rnd 3: ch3, dc in same place as slst *dc in next dc, 2dc in
next dc, rep rnd, join
- Rnd 4-9: ch3, dc in ea dc rnd, inc 12dc even rnd, join
- Rnd 10: ch3, dc in ea dc rnd, join
- Rnd 11: ch3, dc in ea d rnd, inc 12dc even. join and break
- next rnd: hold front and back pieces tog and work thru both
pieces in order to join, attach blue to any loop on front and any
dc on back, sc in same place, *ch8, sk 3dc on back, sc in next
loop on front and next dc on back.
- Rep rnd, join and break off
- Last rnd: attach yellow to any loop, in each loop around make
sc, hdc, 5dc, hdc, and sc. Join and break off. Sc closely around
ring. Sew ring in place
work as for hot plate mat through round 10. join and break off. Make
another piece the same way. cut yellow ribbon in half and lace pieces
to napkin holder.
Edited by S. Guess 4/96
*NB This pattern was originally published in The Pineapple Fan-Fair
Crochet Partners makes a good faith effort to determine whether
patterns bearing copyright dates of 1973 or earlier have been renewed
before posting. If displayed on the original document, the name of
the original copyright holder and the date of publication is included
in the posting.
SITE MAP (Text
THE CROCHET PARTNERS'S WEB
SITE IS SUPPORTED THROUGH WEB ADVERTISING REVENUE AND BY OUR WEB
MASTER. MANY VOLUNTEERS CONTRIBUTE TO THE CONTENT & QUALITY OF
Site Design & Content Editor: S.
Crochet Partners Web Site, S. Guess (c)
Back to CP's Pattern Index ||| CP'S Site Map (Text Only)"||| CP's Home Page MANY VOLUNTEERS HAVE CONTRIBUTED TO THE CONTENT & QUALITY OF THE CROCHET PARTNERS'S WEB SITE.
IT IS SUPPORTED THROUGH WEB SPONSORS AND OUR WEB MASTER.
Site Design & Content
Crochet Partners Web Site, S. Guess (c)